Collection of Information
- Information You Provide to Us. School SOS collects information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register or update the details of your account, communicate with other users, provide reviews or other comments, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, School SOS account password, telephone number, postal address including city, state and zip code, photographs, any reviews or comments you make using the School SOS App, all correspondence or communications with other users or with us conducted via the School SOS App, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the School SOS App. When you access or use the School SOS App, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the School SOS App, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, and your IP address.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the School SOS App, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: If you consent to the collection of location information from your computer or mobile device, we may collect this information when you access or use the School SOS App, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information. We may also use your IP address to infer an approximate geographic location for your computer or device. For more details, please see “Your Information Choices” below
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the School SOS App and your experience, see which areas and features of the School SOS App are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the School SOS App or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below
- Information from Third Parties. School SOS may, from time to time, obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the School SOS App in order to enhance our ability to serve you.
- General Uses. School SOS uses information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Enable you to access and use the School SOS App and to personalize the School SOS App;
- Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the School SOS App, including through detection and prevention of fraud, unauthorized access, intrusion, and App interruption;
- Conduct investigations and to respond to disputes between users, error resolution, and other similar customer support App;
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the School SOS App, our business, and our users’ experience;
- Perform analytics, conduct research, and monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the School SOS App;
- Send you App, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- Comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement agencies, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better App;
- Assist third-party payment processors with transaction processing, error, chargeback and disputed transaction resolution, and similar payment processing functions; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- With vendors, consultants and other App providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (including, without limitation, with third-party App providers that may use the information we share to help us and other companies detect inaccurate personal information and prevent fraudulent access);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of School SOS or others
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- Between and among School SOS, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the School SOS App that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- Social Sharing Features. The School SOS App may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the School SOS App with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
- School SOS takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging in to your account. If you would like to cancel your School SOS account entirely, please contact us, and enter your request for cancellation, but please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. For example, any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the School SOS App in association with your account name even after your School SOS account is cancelled. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
- Location Information. When you first download or launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information or first use any features that use location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications form your device.
Even if you do not provide us with consent to collect precise location information from your mobile device or platform, we may use your IP address to infer an approximation of your location when using certain features of the School SOS Apps.
In some features, School SOS uses mapping Apps from Google Maps/Google Earth, including Google Maps API(s). Your use of these Apps is subject to Google’s terms of App.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the School SOS App. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the School SOS App.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, and other communications from School SOS by following the instructions in those emails, text messages or other communications or by logging on to your School SOS account and going to Settings.
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Advertising and Analytics Apps Provided by Others
Question and Comments